To influence policy makers to pursue and to ensure implementation of human rights standards and rule of law in Afghanistan.
To create a human rights based environment in accordance with international human right standards and the Afghan Constitution.
The CSHRO organises advocacy on behalf of member organisations; through the co-ordination wahl shavers slim 4vit of the member organisations, and by involvement of relevant stakeholders. CSHRO will organise advocacy through constructive dialogues amongst parliamentarians, government, and other influential stakeholders in order to promote improvement of Afghan legislation and governance in accordance with human rights standards.
Necessity of Advocacy in Afghanistan
- Non access of women to justice
- Compromising whit the opposition forces of the government
- Lack of security
- Lack of women’s presence adequately in political association
Steps for Effective Advocacy Strategy
CSHRO follows the following steps in making its effective advocacy strategy
- Identification and analysis of advocacy issues
- Identification and analysis of stakeholders
- Formulation of measurable objective
- Developing core advocacy objectives
- Developing approaches, techniques, messages and materials
- Developing the action plan
- Implementation of the plan , its monitoring and evaluation
Methods for identifying Advocacy issues
- Chatting and listening
- Semi-structured interviewing
- What are the main problems you come across in your area of work?
- What are some of the most common illnesses (if health worker), reasons for not going to school (teacher), etc?
- What are the main pressures that people are facing in the community?
- What simple measures could be taken to improve the situation? etc.
- What are the main pressures that people in the community are facing?
- What simple measures could be taken to improve the situation?
- If you could change one thing in this community, what would it be? Why?
- How did you decide what to include? What was excluded?
- What was emphasized? Which are the most important parts?
- What was difficult to represent? What were the areas of disagreement?
- What can you say from the map about the needs of the community?
- Agreeing priority needs
- Informing people about their legal & lawful rights
- Increasing civil society participation if decision making at various levels
- To provide access to free legal assistance and basic social services
- To provide opportunities for skill development
- To help communities and provide them with the necessary information that enables them in having access to better standards of living.
- To motivate people in maintaining and having access to health standards
- Eliminate the customs which are against the national & religious values and awareness of wahl shavers slim 4vit the provisions of Afghanistan constitution.
- Coordinating activities of the civil institutions against injustice and discrimination among communities and other sectors
- Initiating wide campaigns for changing and creating fair and general policies.
- Communicating with organizations and individuals who will be effective in creating a regulated and safe environment based on justice