In the name of Almighty Allah
Statement of the Civil Society & Human rights Network of Afghanistan (CSHRN)
Regarding the recent genocide and terrorist attacks in Quetta, Pakistan
Feb 20, 2013
The civil society institutions have been strongly concerned by the recent reports of targeted killings of Hazara ethnic minority in Pakistan . The recent terrorist attack in Quetta , Pakistan has killed more than 90 innocent people and wounded nearly 200 others, while all of the victims of the incident belong to a certain ethnic group. Such targeted murders against a certain community or ethnic group that hurt the conscience of people is seriously against the humanity.
We the members of the civil institution, while feel sharer in their pains and mourns strongly condemned this terrorist attack, and propose the followings.
• We the member of civil society institution, are strongly concerned about the targeted killings and attack, which have been carrying out from many years in Pakistan against a certain ethnic group, and considered it an obvious genocide. To prevent such crimes some serious and comprehensive measures should be taken, otherwise these inhuman disasters will be increased; hence, we request the government of Pakistan in relation to the recent terrorist attacks, to carry out some practical actions in identifying and prosecution of its perpetrators, and take necessary measures for protecting the lives and properties of civilian, which is one the most basic duties of a responsible government.
• CSHRN urge the UN, to initiate fact-finding programs in relation to this genocide, and declare its results clearly.
• CSHRN, request the United Nations, particularly human rights supportive organizations of UN, to put pressure on the Pakistani government in order to conduct some comprehensive and fact-finding programs for prosecution of the those who claimed responsibility for the incident.
• CSHRN appreciates and announce its support from the protests formed by the citizens & civil institutions of Afghanistan , Pakistan and some western countries against the terrorist attack in Quetta , Pakistan .
• The Civil Society & Human Rights Network of Afghanistan request all the civil institutions across the world, not to keep silent against such crimes that threat the lives of humans, but protest unitedly against such violence and crimes, and play their role in providing a secure life for the whole humanity.
Expecting a world free of fears, threat and terror