In the name of Almighty Allah
The Civil Society and Human Rights Network statement
on inhuman act of poisoning afghan school girls
Kabul , Afghanistan
Recently the anti-governmental forces have been targeting the afghan young students and children for their political purposes. They are using differently a tactic of poisoning young girls in the primary schools. The goal is to horrify and discourage afghan families who are sending their young children (girls) to school. Such an inhuman action, will negatively affect the role of women in the social, economic and political affairs in Afghanistan.
The Civil Society and Human Rights Network condemn this inhuman action with the strongest possible words.
- The Civil Society and Human Rights Network would like to call upon all parties involved in conflicts in Afghanistan to respect the rights of innocent people and not use civilians for their political purposes. All the parties should respect the Geneva Conventions of 1949 on the role of military actions and respect of civilians during the wars and conflicts.
- Taking revenge, victimize innocent people and creates horror among communities. Taking revenge and creation of horror is strongly prohibited by Islam, national and cultural values of Afghanistan ; nobody has the right to harass an innocent person particularly children by any reason.
- The Civil Society and Human Rights Network would like to call upon the afghan media to organize a broad based debate to shape a social attitude in order to encounter this type of inhuman activities.
- According to our great prophet preaches that calls all Muslims, do their best to learn and educate themselves. The Civil Society and Human Right Network would like to call upon religious leaders and activists to use the tribune of mosques to explain about the importance of education and encourage the afghan families to send their daughters in order to get educated.
- The Civil Society and Human Rights Network would like to call upon the security forces to provide security for the schools with a special focus on girl schools in Afghanistan.
- The Civil Society and Human Rights Network would like to call upon the judicial system of Afghanistan to bring the criminals of these inhuman actions to justice. The result of the court should be publicized by the afghan media.